Items for the Silent and Live Auction are needed!
The auction on Tuesday evening is always a major source of entertainment at the meeting so you won’t want to miss it. It is an opportunity to find that unique item and to support the WDA. All proceeds from the auction support student activities, so make sure to bid often. Auctioneers Dave Jessup (WDA Executive Manager) and his cohorts will be encouraging the bidding on wildlife-related and other unique items you can’t find anywhere else.
The auction will be held in the Pavillion at the Granlibakken Resort on Tuesday . The doors will open at 7:00pm for silent auction bidding and the live auction will start at 8:00pm. There will be an open bar for 1 hour during the auction to get everyone in a cheerful bidding mood.
- Don’t forget to start collecting wildlife themed WDA auction items now!
- Conference attendees are asked to consider bringing wildlife themed items for donation to the auction. Both the silent and live auctions are a great way for conference attendees to help the WDA raise money for the organization’s student activities fund. People who attend the conference can bring any items that they feel other conference attendees might want to buy and own. Items donated often have a wildlife theme and/or are items from home countries. Auction donations can be big or small and often include items such as t-shirts, souvenirs, books, paintings, framed photos and handmade crafts.
- Those who want to participate in the auction will donate an item(s) when registering for the conference. In addition to donations, you will be able to purchase items through the silent and live auctions. We hope that you will want to participate and join in the fun to help raise money for the WDA. And the best part is that all of the funds raised in the auction go to student activities.
Don’t forget to pack your items for the auction. Your donations will be can be dropped off in the registration area in the Cedar House. Please plan to have your items dropped off by the end of sessions on Monday evening. If you prefer, you may ship auction items to the host agency (see address below) in advance of the meeting. Please be sure items arrive before Friday August 2nd to assure their delivery to the meeting location.
How to Submit Auction Items
- Ship your item(s) before the conference
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org describing the item.
- Shipping Instructions:
Karen C. Drayer Wildlife Health Center
UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
1089 Veterinary Medicine Drive, VM3B
Davis, CA 95616
- OR bring your item(s) to the conference in August